22 August 2010

Poem/Dream/Conflict part 2

The pastor sat in his chair and swiveled around to a bookshelf. "Would you like a cup of tea?" He picked up a mug. "I have mint, Earl Grey and green."

"Oh! ...yes, please." She realized that she was still standing. She sat down and sighed. "Pastor," she said. "I think I can teach Sunday School."

She received the cup of water and three tea envelopes from the pastor. He sat back down and faced her.

She said, "I've been thinking about it a long time. Praying...But I feel like someone has to do it. The children need someone to do it."

The pastor stirred honey in his tea and put it where she could reach it.

"I know I said before that I didn't want to do it, but after the turnout at the children's clothing drive, and so many mothers asked me if our church had Sunday school, I didn't know what to answer. I felt like maybe God was calling me. To teach Sunday School."

"Do you want to teach Sunday school?" asked the pastor.

"I want our children to have a teacher." She was pleased to give this answer, because she had thought of it beforehand.